The 2017 National Music Theater Conference is no longer accepting applications. Thanks to all who applied!
New to the O’Neill and/or the National Music Theater Conference?
Please take the opportunity to learn more about us. We also encourage you to peruse our Frequently Asked Questions page. This will give you a better idea of the application and selection processes.
The O'Neill will begin accepting applications for the 2018 conference in the fall of 2017. If you are interested in applying, please look over the materials on these pages and sign up to receive email updates about the National Music Theater Conference. As soon as we post our 2018 application, you will be the first to know.
PLEASE NOTE: The application materials below reflect the 2017 application process and are for reference purposes only.
Applications will be considered incomplete without a $35 Application Fee.
Mail your Submission:
All applications sent via mail MUST BE POSTMARKED BY NOVEMBER 18, 2016, and applications will be considered incomplete with a $35 Application Fee.
Eugene O'Neill Theater Center
Attn: National Music Theater Conference
305 Great Neck Rd.
Waterford, CT 06385
- You must be 18 years of age and have the right to work within the United States.
- The project must not have had a professional production, or be scheduled to have a professional production, prior to August 2017. A professional production means that the artists working on the show were compensated for their time, and that all of the theatrical elements one hopes to see in a production were present.
- You may submit original or adapted work, providing that the rights to any material not in the public domain have been granted in writing, and a copy of the release is sent along with the application materials.
- While resubmissions are permitted, a work may not be submitted for consideration two years in a row.
- Only complete applications will be accepted, whether in hard copy or electronic form.
Click the link to watch the Lazour brothers talk about their time here with the 2015 National Music Theater Conference: