The 2017 National Music Theater Conference is now accepting applications! Applications will be accepted through November 18th, 2016 at 11:59pm PST.
YOU CAN APPLY WITH OUR ONLINE APPLICATION, OR BY MAILING HARD COPIES. THERE IS A $35.00 FEE TO APPLY.
Eugene O'Neill Theater Center
Attn: National Music Theater Conference
305 Great Neck Rd.
Waterford, CT 06385
New to the O’Neill and/or the National Music Theater Conference?
Please take the opportunity to learn more about us. We also encourage you to peruse our Frequently Asked Questions page. This will give you a better idea of the application and selection processes.
If you are interested in applying, please look over the materials on these pages and sign up to receive email updates about the National Music Theater Conference. As soon as we post our 2016 application, you will be the first to know.
- You must be 18 years of age and have the right to work within the United States.
- The project must not have had a professional production, or be scheduled to have a professional production, prior to August 2017. A professional production means that the artists working on the show were compensated for their time, and that all of the theatrical elements one hopes to see in a production were present.
- You may submit original or adapted work, providing that the rights to any material not in the public domain have been granted in writing, and a copy of the release is sent along with the application materials.
- While resubmissions are permitted, a work may not be submitted for consideration two years in a row.
- Only complete applications will be accepted, whether in hard copy or electronic form.